We finally all succumbed to the requisite cold bug for wintertime in Arkansas. David is almost over it; Phil and I are in the throes of it. So this blog comes to you by way of Stopped-Up-Heads and Tissues-R-Us in the capital city of the great state of Woo Pig Sooie.. .Razorbacks... (And, no, I don't have any cold medicine in me as I write....Ha!)
Things the cold bug has made me appreciate...
1. First on the list would be my sister-in-law and niece who brought us OTC cold medicine tonight and chocolate cake. This may not sound like much. But neither Phil nor I feel like hunting for cold meds right now and we're running low. Plus, my sweet sister-in-law can be within a 5 mile vicinity of a sinus germ and get sick. So she went above and beyond the call of duty and we are grateful. We never doubt her love for us.
3. I am grateful that when I snap my husband's head off, he doesn't snap back. (He says there is a reason why he doesn't but I don't think I'll go into that...)
4. I'm grateful that none of us had to go to work today. Work is a blessing but being able to lay in bed guilt-free when you could work but really don't feel like it - that is also a blessing.
5. I'm grateful for the rainy day we had. Almost like mother nature is in sympathy with our blowey noses and our watery eyes... almost like the weather is cavalierly saying, "Take the day off!! There's nothing you can do out here anyway in all this mud and such." So.... we did!
6. I'm grateful for a warm house and electricity, blankets and also for little dogs who curl up by your feet when you feel like heck. Also for the two bird feeders in our front yard and the ability to watch the little guys come out in the rain to feast - a Cardinal against a grey sky, a small black-and-white Woodpecker hanging on to the small feeder. Blessings...
7. I'm grateful for all the days when we don't feel like heck and for the fact that this is our first really bad cold of the 11-12 winter.
8. I'm grateful for the internet and the fact that I can listen to neat stories through Dr. Dobson's Family Talk Radio - people like Ravi Zacharias, people that I would never be able to meet or hear without electronic devices. Being sick gives me the desire and the time to sit still and listen.
10. I am thankful for all the blessings that God gives, both in this life and in the next.