Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Lord, This Is Me Talking to You...

    Lord, teach me Your ways and enable me to walk in Your paths.
    I know my ways... and in a bind, they don't work...
    I know the way of anxiety; I don't know the way of complete trust and rest.  Psalms 23 eludes me.
    I know the way of grasping for the wheel, of maintaining tight control.  But not the way of truly letting go.
    I know the way of faith - as long as I can see at least part of the plan and that little bit looks doable to me.
    But standing on a rock jutting out of the sea, while ocean waves lap at my feet - Lord, that's really not for me...  (Have I told You lately that I can't swim??  Well, just in case, I haven't... Lord, this is me talking to  You and, seriously... I can't swim...  And as I stand on this rock, with no shoreline in sight, I don't think  dog-paddling is gonna cut it... this time...)
    But I digress...
    Lord, teach me Your ways and enable me to walk in Your paths.
    Because Your paths tend to be on top of the waves while mine ... tend to be under.
    And just a few inches can make a big difference when it comes to tons of  sea water.
    So, Lord, please teach me Your ways and enable me to walk Your paths this day.

    
Locater Map at the Mall of Difficulty:  You are here.
Not exactly soaring like an eagle...



But focused on  the Rock Who is Higher+


Lord,  please teach me Your ways....  (Isaiah 2:3b)

May all of us have a blessed day today  as we look to the One who  can cut a safe path through the storm and  who is able to calm the seas around us.






No comments:

Post a Comment